Monday, June 09, 2008

Feeling a Little Dry . . . So Here's a MeMe

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player tags 5 (or 3 in my case) people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Proud of being an five year contractor for the #3 Telephone Company, doing communications management with and for the coolest group of women I’ve ever worked with. I miss them. I miss working for myself, since the #3 hired my company as the contractor.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

I no longer live my life (as witnessed by my weight) denying myself the snacks I really, really want. That said, I don’t keep these in the house all that often.

1. An entire red velvet chocolate cake

2. A 12-pack of Heath bars – one just doesn’t do it and 3 make you feel slightly sick, so it's better just not to indulge

3. Iced mocha cappuccino -- the sugar content here is scary!

4. Penuche fudge by the pound – not the tiny slice in which they always sell the stuff

5. Pecan pie WITH whipped cream

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:

6. Cheetos

7. Fritos

8. Bing cherries (I have a huge container in the house right now)

9. Microwave popcorn with theater butter

10. Diet soda -- I actually prefer diet to the sugary stuff

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

1. Buy a car (for me) AND a truck (for Hubby)

2. Hire a maid to come weekly and clean the house

3. Buy my church – well, okay, give a huge trust fund to the church to support it for the next 25 years so when fund raising failed and then be able to tell everyone to stop arguing and the get heck out of the way of change

4. Set up a foundation to do stem cell research – or contribute heavily to the Stowers Institute in my city which does do stem cell research

5. Buy a cabin on a lake

Five jobs that I have had:

1. High school teacher

2. Co-creator / administrator of high school college prep program

3. Business owner / communications management

4. Manager of a construction trailer (worst job ever)

5. SPED collaborative teacher (current)

Five of my habits:

1. Collector of things – if one thing is good, 25 must be better

2. Hair spray user every day – the hair MUST NOT MOVE

3. Doing laundry only occasionally, but never regularly

4. Sleeping two hours at a time, reading, sleeping two more hours

5. Holding in anger until it explodes and shocks everyone, including me

Five places I have lived:

This is hard for me, because I’ve never lived in any metro area except this one in the Heartland

1. With my parents

2. In my own apartment in a suburb of this city – the only time I’ve not lived within the actual city limits

3. In my own house back in the urban core

4. 34 years in my own house

5. 34 years in my own house with Hubby

Three people we should all get to know better: (A nice way of saying TAG!)

Because I don't have 5 I'm willing to list here (or who might even be interested), here's my list of 3:

1. snugpug

2. lost in a world:

(new discovery! -- lives in my home area)

3. as if you care:

No comments: