Friday, February 08, 2008

When Was I Born?


I was born on a Saturday.

My star sign is Gemini.

The season was Spring.

It is 106 days until my next Birthday.

I am 22,540 days old.

I am approximately 540,961 hours old.

I am approximately 1,947,460,903 seconds old.

On my special day in these years, these events occurred:

585 BC - The first known prediction of a solar eclipse was made in Greece.

1787 - The Constitutional convention opened in Philadelphia with George Washington presiding.

1844 - The gasoline engine was patented by Stuart Perry.

1895 - Oscar Wilde, a playwright, poet and novelist, was convicted of a morals charge and sentenced to prison in London.

1925 - John Scopes was indicted for teaching the Darwinian theory in school.

1927 - Ford Motor Company announced that the Model A would replace the Model T.

1935 - Babe Ruth hit his final homerun, his 714th, and set a record that would stand for 39 years.

1935 - Jesse Owens tied the world record for the 100-yard dash. He ran it in 9.4 seconds. He also broke three other world track records.

1961 – The United States was asked by President Kennedy to work toward putting a man on the moon before the end of the decade.

1968 - The Gateway Arch, part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis, MO was dedicated.

1986 - Approximately 7 million Americans participated in "Hands Across America."

1992 - Jay Leno debuted as the new permanent host of NBC's "Tonight Show."

No comments: