- There is steak soup filling the crockpot to overflowing so further cooking is unnecessary. It's a good soup, full of real steak, potatoes, veggies, and a rich broth. It should feed us for a couple of days.
- The sun is shining and the weather is nearly as warm as a cold Houston day -- in the 60's -- we're supposed to set a record.
- The doggies have had a long and successful walk in the park. Gussie is lame again -- he has these strange bouts where his back legs give him a bit of pain and he hobbles around whimpering. He's being fed aspirin on a regular basis. We've had x-rays but the diagnosis is always very indefinite and at some point we decided to treat the pain instead of the cause, which was a whole heap cheaper on the wallet.
- Hubby's incision is healing nicely even though he's still feeling a lot fragile. He has at least another week to go before he can be out and about.
- My friend Debby and I went to water aerobics last night and had a fine workout. Then we enjoyed the hot tub for 6 minutes which is all the sitting around either of us could tolerate. The pool temperature was 86 and the hot tub was 102 degrees.
- I'm reading the newest P.D. James novel, Death Comes to Pemberly, and though I'm enjoying it, it's not earth shatteringly wonderful.
- For Christmas sister-in-law Wendy gave me a $100 gift card to Amazon and I've pre-ordered two novels: a Jonathan Kellerman Alex Delaware mystery and Jacqueline Winspear's newest in the Maisie Dobbs series. Both don't come out for at least a month, darn it, but I'm excited about their arrivals.
- I currently seem to be spending a lot of time on Face Book -- I've found it rather addictive to know what people are doing "real" time. It's also interesting to evaluate posts -- some people seem to put their whole lives out there for folks to read about while others only "share" information that others have written / reposted. I'm not sure where I fit -- I'm probably more a lurker than a poster.
- At 1:45 this afternoon we have a follow up visit with the pulmonary specialist, though we actually have nothing to report since Hubby refused to wear any of the sleep apnea masks. I imagine we'll be dismissed from his routine appointments after this follow-up visit.
It's a really quiet life at the moment and that's a good thing.