Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Greetings

The turkey is roasting, the stuffing and candied sweet potatoes were made yesterday, the rolls are ready for baking, the Yokon Golds are sitting on the counter ready for Hubby's ministrations, the apple and French silk pies are in the pantry, the cranberry jelly is in the can, the Macy's Day Parade is on the telly and the football games are cued on the DVR -- what a wonderful Thanksgiving day we are having! 

We feel exceptionally blessed this year -- retirement and enough funds to keep the wolf from the door, Hubby's heart which continues to beat, doctors and medical staff which help us keep that heart beating even if irregularly, loving pups, walks in the park, a new gym keeping us both in shape so we can help Hubby continue to recuperate, family and friends who provide unconditional support -- we are grateful beyond measure for all these good things. 

May you too experience these joys in your life.  Keep the faith, my friends.  

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I LOVE French silk pie!! Sounds like a wonderful day. :)

Donna. W said...

I have joy in my life every day, although I don't quite meet each morning with the enthusiasm I once had. I do miss my enthusiasm.