Monday, August 13, 2012

Fun Things to Help You Waste Your Time on the Web

A couple of links for fun:

If you are a fan of Downton Abby -- and if you remember and loved paper dolls from your childhood (I always liked them better than real dolls) -- you can get a fix before next season here at Vulture.  I downloaded my set of 4 paper dolls to use as background on the computer (plus I admit I saved a copy just in case someday I actually want to play paper dolls again). 


Then, on Facebook this picture popped up -- and since the dogs get to spend Christmas with a cat, this one made me laugh out-loud.  Wolfie, who lost some control toward the end, would really have appreciated it. 


I loved the article about the Olympians who rescued pets, especially the story about Michael Phelps.  I had always seen him as kind of arrogant, but then I read about his dogs.  Changed my whole cheering structure for the swim meets. 



I adored the interview with Henrik Rummel about his penis.  He managed to make the whole controversy so funny.  The other Olympic controversies were not nearly as good.  I was glad to see that the althetes managed to keep it all in perspective though.  Read the Rummel interview-- it will crack you up.



The Gabby Douglas hair controversy shows just how ignorant we can still be.  She seemed to handle it okay but I was frustrated for her -- her hair was neat and clean, nothing wrong with it at all.   







Then there is this lovely photo about a man who helps his 19 year old rescued German Shepherd find some comfort every night.  This one will bring tears to your eyes.  It's just a lovely story.   This is a copyrighted photo.



 Finally, if you're as sick of summer as we are here in the heartland, check out this little video of winter scenes.  The music is lovely, too. 










2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I didn't watch the Olympics, and this is the first I have seen or read about the boner. Hey, looks like the guy is hung pretty good, especially if it isn't a boner!

Margaret said...

I loved that interview;he was SO good! As for Gabby, as the mom of a former gymnast, I can tell you that messy ponytails were THE STYLE. People are dumb.