Friday, January 02, 2009

The Year May Change but . . . .

Of course I ended 2008 sick. It was the year of the trifling illnesses for me and so I caught one final bug going down to Houston and came home, not violently ill, but just plain sick and tired. This is the third round of this nasty chest / nasal virus that I've had and this is probably the lightest version. Still, my head is a terrible stopped up mess, my cough never ends, and I'm soooo tired. Today I cleaned out the linen closet in preparation of putting in the new sheets (400 & 800 thread count! Whoooo!) and blankets we got at the after Christmas sales in Houston and by the time I was done, I spent the rest of the day swabbing my brow and gasping under the old flannel sheets, shivering with sweats and fever and pouring in liquids. I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired. 2009 had better bring me some better health!

Here's a happy picture from Houston -- sister-in-law and me opening Christmas presents! We had a great trip -- and if I could only manage to stay healthy for more than a couple of weeks at a time, things would be super-duper.



No comments: