Monday, July 08, 2013

Just a few memorable words . . .




While discussing our enjoyment of the latest movie we attended, The Lone Ranger, Hubby and I threw out some of our favorite movie quotes:

Gone with the Wind:  Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Casablanca:  Play it again, Sam

Wizard of Oz:  I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

Star Trek:  Beam me up, Scotty (which I heard on The Big Bang Theory was never actually uttered in the movie).

Sherlock Holmes:  It's elementary, my dear Watson.

Oliver Twist:  Please, sir, I want some more.

James Bond, Dr. No:  Bond.  James Bond.

Apollo 13:  Houston, we have a problem.

Dirty Dancing:  Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

Network:  I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore.

The Lone Ranger:  Hi ho Silver! Away! (and in the new movie, Tonto tells the Lone Ranger to NEVER say that again!)

So what are your favorite movie lines? 


2 comments:

Margaret said...

The only one I can think of is in Independence Day when the alcoholic pilot says, "I picked a hell of a day to quit drinking." I don't see very many movies!

Donna. W said...

I am not one to recall specific lines, but I can't wait until Lone Ranger is on Pay Per View so we can see it. Cliff can't make out what the movies are saying without closed captions.
I think my first crush was on the Lone Ranger, back when I was perhaps eight years old.