- It's cold here in the Heartland -- we have wind chill. Bah.
- It's hard getting up an hour earlier. I've been struggling out of bed at 5 a.m. and nodding off while Hubby drives me to work. I'm required to do a turn on my floor first block (planning) because I can't stay awake at my desk. By 4 p.m. I'm ready for the nap which can last anywhere from 2 to 5 hours -- not a nap you say? Probably not. Then the sleepless night ensues because I'm used to only 5 hours of sleep a night.
- Spring break is only 2 more mornings away -- tomorrow and Friday.
- No kids on Friday but the teachers are required to attend work shops and submit quarter grades before they can leave to start spring break
- The first of my school district cuts were announced to day -- 35 administrators are being laid off. Teacher cuts come in two weeks time.
- I'm wearing my "Miniature Schnauzer Carousers" shirt today. My principal announced she liked it a lot.
- Today shortened Wednesday schedule is for Blocks 1 & 2 and then Advisory. The kids go home at 12:30 while the staff must stay for meetings. I like the 1 & 2 schedule and hate it when we have Blocks 3 & 4 instead.
- For one day last week I actually got to drive to school in daylight -- dim but still not "stars out and pitch black" night. I'm rapidly becoming a proponent of getting rid of daylight savings time.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Nothing exciting to say. Nothing grand to report. Just the little things: